Monday 16 May 2011

ON TEACHER'S DAY

Whenever  the topic of.... 'what do you want to be when you grow up?' came up when I was still in primary school, it was my mother who would 'hammer' the idea of being a teacher was the best profession for a woman.

Mom's 'theories' were that teachers only work half a day and have long year end holidays. Good arrangements when the babies starts to come along were her exact words.
How far 'wrong' did she get?

Can't really blame her as back then if you're a girl it was either being a teacher a nurse or an airline stewerdess. Just pick a choice.

I laughed now because I founded one that does exactly all three.
Three in one?...  :)  like those instant beverages?
Yea..it's called ....mommy!


16th May is a date allocated for these people who made it in life to earn the title as teachers.
I won't give a list of names here because I simply  don't  remember the 'real' teachers during my schooling days .
Logically as with everything ,we need a piece of paper to certify us as that.
But then again  you need not actually go to get a degree to be honour by the title 'teacher'.
'Teachers' are the ones who taught us our early steps in life. They are the ones who taught us how to discipline ourselves. They are the ones who made us realise our own potentials.
They are the ones who motivated us to achieve our dreams, corrected us when we were wrong.

Above all,  they are the ones who loved and cared most about us, besides our parents of course.
These are the real  people in our life whom we call  'TEACHERS'.

Learning is a wholelife process  and therefore teachers comes and go throughout our life.
We take the 'good' lessons and leave the 'bad' ones while moving along.

Teachers' day for me is for remembering them who had moulded me into who I am today.
I remembered.......
Thank you ....thank you..... thank you


I'm sure mom wasn't dissapointed that I didn't turned out to be a teacher  afterall because my sister June is one. So is my brother Atlas and his soon to be wife Laura.

No comments: