Sunday 8 May 2011

HA HA HA...BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY

Sunday morning up with the...lark?.... no, it was more of  with a bark.... or barkings.
Those 'babies' of mine won't give me peace and quite even on mother's day.
Aarr...it's a rainy sunday and it's mother's day. ... would have been sooooooooo ideal to stay in bed longer.
When I finally managed to drag myself out of bed it was already almost seven.
Trying to get back to sleep was nearly impossible knowing that  there were 'things' that need urgent doing.
yea.. yea.. 'things'  that  associate with four legs.

I could wait for the maid to deal with them but that would be tolerating the 'voices of demand' for a whole hour or so more depanding on the discreation of her working hours.
For a fact too I know she comes in late on Sundays.
So much for mother's day to be picking 'poops' huh.... nervertheless that was what I did before giving myself the day off.

Mom came over with Lydia at around two. She complained her house phone was not working.
Likewise!...I told her.
My cordless phone is out of order and so is the TM free phone. It's been days but I just haven't made time to 'deal' with that issue yet.

I wanted to watch my mother's day marathon movies on DIVA but the girls were doing their homework in the living room ( where the air cond was on ) and so the rest of my 'holiday' was spent going through youtube.
Doing  'nothing' -What a wonderful holiday to celebrate one of the most important people in your live.


My thoughts of my mother on her day
When I think of my mother or mothers in general, I think of someone powerful, caring but importantly someone who is always there when we need her. Mom has always been my girls 'backup' mother.
Much to the envy of my siblings.

People always says that we will 'grow up' and become our mom. ..really?
And despite hearing countless remarks on how much my looks and mannerism reminds them of her,
I totally disagree.I am nothing like her.
Look wise, mannerism wise moreso personality wise.
Never was and will never be....end of story!

We have a special bond with all it's complex emotions, anger, resentment,competition and of course, love.

I love her, sometimes  hate her. Sometimes she’s the last person I want to see.
These are  the seesaw of feelings between my mother and me.
She is after all ...not me. .She is another person altogether.
But...she is my mother.
One of the two person who gave life to me.


I’d like to think that I have a good relationship with my mother now....to a certain level. At least we are able to be in the same room long enough to hold my disagreements before 'blasting' them off  to any ears ( willing or otherwise) once I'm back home.
 But it's not always like that.There were and are still lots of 'things' that we can see eye to eye.
These seesaw of feelings with my mother went on  for years as far as I can remember.
One minute I was telling her everything that was happening in my life, and the next minute, I was sneaking out and hiding the truth.
Maybe because of the 'generation gap' or her mind stayed 'old fashion'
..or she herself ( or me ?) just grew 'old' ..hehehe.. ( thou it's more growing up for me.)

These past years, she doesn't  seem to 'see' a lot of 'things' my way (again...or is it the other way round?).
To avoid any unnecessary arguements , I would normally bite my tongue and just 'see' it from her point of view.
What I have learned in life, especially when mom is concerned is that I have to choose which battles to fight with her. Not all of them are worth fighting for....at least not for now.
I am the younger mom and therefore must make ways for she who .....
'ate salt' first......???
A statement which I don't totally agree although I willingly embrace and cherish her motherly love for the fact that she is my mother and she will always be my mother not matter what.
Honoring that fact simply by respecting and loving her back.

I don't have to like everything about her though I do love her very much.

No comments: