Saturday 7 May 2011

FULL DAY... Advance mother day dinner

Woke up at almost seven. The thought of going to church this morning did occured to me as Atlas was here.
As usual when the maid don't come , I had to rush and do all that is of urgency before eight.
Service starts at 8.30 am so we would need to leave the house around eight.

When Lydia called, laziness kind of change my mind and told her that I won't be going afterall .
That said, I went in to do my cafe :)
I had actually done all the necessary last night.
Sandakan residence had been 'warned' online that today the water supply would be 'cut' off.
I had done the laundry plus wash the compound last night right before mom called asking us to come over for a session of 'sago eating'.

Yona's training would start at eleven thirty. We left the house an hour earlier because we wanted to take early lunch at Zakaria's.
I had missed their murtabak daging and the yearning was shared with Yona.
Training takes about two hours plus but somehow today it seems to go fast as I sat outside chitchatting with Hj Sojie and Carol's mom.
Today too I got to see where Carol was staying when I send them home after training.
Her dad was away in KK and her mom doesn't drive.I was more than happy to send them since we were going through the same route. Moreso I felt pity knowing that they have to take two bus to reach home.

Stopping over at BDC's Swee Teck  and browsing over the new stuff they had just finish displaying took about an hour more of our journey home.
Another stop at Kim Fung's market also took about an hour.
Both of us were feeling hungry over today's early lunch. We ordered a big bowl of hot porridge each.
It was almost five by the time we finally reach home.

I had the feeling that  mom would be calling us for dinner tonight as Atlas and Laura were around.
I went out to get some batteries for the cordless phone when she didn't call after eight.
Well, she actually did call just as I left the house according to Yona.

They had started dinner before we all reached there.
...mother's day dinner that is.
It was normal for Atlas to have something simple ready for mother's day or any other celebrated day whenevere he was home.


Missing one of my powerpuff girls


2011 mother's day cake
my piece of cake

Awh....saying it with flowers

I didn't joined in the prepration except in the photo session and the makan makan..
 Mother's day afterall was not exactly today.....then again you don't really need a mother's day to remind yourself of what a great mom we all are.

No comments: