Monday 30 May 2011

NO HARVEST.... ONLY RADISH CAKE

kotobian tadau tagazo do kaamatan
That would mean Happy harvest in the logal kadazan/dusun language.
But then again I could be wrong as I don't speak a word of the language :)

Anyway...for the rest and me who are not celebrating any harvest of any kind, it would only mean a day off. Two days infact as the State of Sabah has been allocated 30th and 31st of May as their own public holidays.
The highlight to all the other public holidays because it is the most celebrated event in the state.

During my younger days, to go and join in the celebration at state level was something I don't think twice doing.
Now that I'm  (a little ) older, it all seem lilke .... 'what's the big 'fuss' ?
Unless we had plans (which would normally mean a holiday trip somewhere)  it has been years that harvset festival been spent just lazying around the house.
This year was no difference.


Anticipating to be at home the whole day, I went on to make the radish cake that Yona have been asking me to do for sometimes now.

As always, it was still hot when I tried to cut it


The final product ....sedap!!!

YES!!!!!  nothing more enjoyable than being able to do what you love...
cook, eat...lazying infront of the tv

No comments: