Monday 8 March 2010

YET ANOTHER END TO A WEEK....PLUS MONDAY

yup..it's another monday.How fast the week goes.
Weekend was spent totally on my interest....as was today.
the girls didn't have their training since friday night.
For the first time in a long while we were able to finish the whole service during church. In conjuction with women's week, the whole service was handled by the women ministry.

Yona 'testing' her camera in church

With no practice with the choir and as the song chosen was a malay number, I opt not to sing along. Jo wanted to but bailed out at the last minute due to her sore throat.
Since we stayed on till the end, it was already past midday when Andrew came to get us. We had lunch at pasar Sim Sim again. Seems Andrew like the food as much since he was willing to 'battle' even with the afternoon 'heat' .( you should see him sweat...while enjoying his food!)
I purposely wanted Andrew to sent me to the market for some dog/cat's food. My stock of raw fish came to the last bundle the night before.
Aahhh... not many choices to choose from. Nevertheless I HAD to buy some(15kg/RM2.5).
Bought some veggie as well....which made out to be our weekend dinners.

Sunday was spent mostly at home. The weather is so hot that makes going out was not an option to those who are so used to aircondition.
As always, its the food that makes me want to wander off from my 'nest'.
With me cooking dinner the night before.. ( :) Andrew knows I don't eat my own cooking)I was already experiencing some gastric pain when we finally went out for some noodles ( I was hoping for rice!)
Feeling full...we went back home for some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
Easier said than done. The heat was really intense...inside the house so I went outside and did some 'productive' task. ( oh yeah... painting my wall....again)
It felt good though. Seeing something productive at the end of the day.
While out there,
I did my laundry.... clean my rabbit cage...pick the dog's 'mess'....plus cook dinner. Not forgetting cleaning the kitchen afterwards.
See?... I can do all that....if I want to :)
my say..... my..phase.
Did I mentioned the internet line was bad?
Well...it was . Therefore the reason I have time to do something else :)

Monday have always been my sort of 'day of rest'.
The girls were having extra classes and would only be back around four in the afternoon. I just love the thought of having a long afternoon nap ( catching up sleep for sunday's late night) I said that all the time eventhough a long afternoon nap is not something I do when I'm at home.
Andrew was around ...he comes home for lunch...at 12.30pm.
Thoughts eraseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.
On a more 'productive' note....I baked a chocolate cake and a dozen of strawberries cup cakes during those wake hours.

Was online for the rest of the afternoon. Surprisingly an 'old' 'old' friend appeared on my wanna be list of friend. It was way back in 1979 when I last heard from her. I have since added her as my friend but I will send her a proper message later on. Looking through her profile and pictures I can't help but reminisce memories of my past....high school years.... my teenage years.
I went through my cupboard looking for my old photo albums.
Aahhhhhhhhhh....yuk..did I really looked like that.
Eweoh..I was soooooo dark!(pinch myself....) I was an athlete..one of the best during 'my time' I could brag... blah..
Probably too many hours spent on the field contributed to my tanned tone.
Guess looking fair and pretty was not really in the 'book' back then...or that probably was the 'in' look then. No doubt I recall having endless'admirers' ..he he..
I wondered what they saw in me then.

Evening was spent at the bowling alley as the girls had their schedule training that night. Jo however did not turned up so I ended having an hour of bowling by myself.
An hour of bowling by myself...Oh how my back hurts !

This photo was our first studio shot. Taken in 1979.
We were 'the Queens'...seated were Pricilla and Appy while Standing from L are Rhodora, myself and Ginabell (she's the one)

No comments: