Thursday 31 March 2011

SHOULD BE 10 BUT IT'S STLL 11

It's probably just me cos even  Americn Idol can't seem to excite me much today.
Evenso, I did make a point to watch it from the beginning while doing the laundry....and blogging about it.
OK, enough of the small talk .On to the reviews. As always, I’ll review each performance based on how  I see ( hear is the more correct word) it.
In order of performance
*Scotty McCreery, “Country Comfort.” Yessss......the opening act.
It was nice to see Scotty and on the guitar. Somehow a man with the guitar always gets to me. He has a fantastic voice and can sing country so well. . ..thou anything he sing always sounds great to me.
Muaahhhhh..just love him


*Naima Adedapo, “I’m Still Standing.” Well, she won’t be tomorrow night. I’m pretty sure she sealed her fate with this one. . She’s just not a good technical singer.

*Paul McDonald, “Rocket Man.”   He shouldn’t have chosen that song cos it did more harm than good for him.. Paul is probably better suited fronting a band. Not being the American Idol. With the judges giving him negative reviews,  I don’t think he’ll last much longer in the competition. You just can't make a slightest 'slip' with everyone around so good .... what's with that outfit? Like I've seen him 100 times in it.

*Pia Toscano, “Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me.” REALLY? Again a ballad?,  Somehow when Scotty sings country all the way, no one seems to be bother and yet with her, everyone starts to yak.
No doubt she does have a great voice, nailed the song ... and with that beauty...wow...you can't help youself but love her.

*Stefano Lagone, “Tiny Dancer.” HHmmmmm..... so so... He was extra careful after last week's listing. Done a good job I supposed as the judges seems to think so.
 
*Lauren Alaina, “Candle in the Wind.”  This is such an emotional song and she nailed it to the ground.. I think it’s the best performance of her run and probably of the night. Even the judges agreed to that.
Steven said..' if you gonna sing like that always than you might just be able to afford the whole dress.... ' I didn't think much of the dress too. ..funny with the 'tail' hanging out there.

*James Durbin, “Saturday Night’s Alright For Fighting.”   James’ performance was insane.  Last week Steven already said he was crazy...In a good way.
It was good if you like rocker cos hes all that this week... better than most “Idol” finale performances.
He's still one of the judges favourites.

*Thia Megia, “Daniel.”  A familiar song.... which I myself  love so much. It suite well with her vocal. Although it sounded slower than the original song.
It was nothing spectacular...just normal for me.

*Casey Abrams, “Your Song.” Now we can see he really slowing it down this week. Making sure we won't be where he was last week.  I think it paid off too. The judges love him,,come to think of it, so did I.  Tonight performance would be good enough to save him.

 *Jacob Lusk, “Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word.” What was with that fake crying face?  I just don’t like his voice. I want to be fair to Jacob, because I think he’s a good artist. But I just can’t get into his voice and his singing style. Ugh. I don’t know what to say.

*Haley Reinhart, “Bennie and The Jets.” . I had  fun listening to her sing this song. It was alright, better than some of the earlier singers. Still....I just can's picture her going all the way to the end (evenwith a strong fan club)

100 Percent Safe: James Durbin, Casey Abrams, Lauren Alaina, Scotty McCreery
Most Likely Safe: Pia Toscano, Haley Reinhart, Stefano Langone, Jacob Lusk
Probably the Bottom 3: Paul, Naima , Thia
Possibly going: Naima  or Paul 

This could be another crazy week.  I'm predicting based on what I just heard.  I’m not confident at all in these predictions...afterall I'm not even american to begin with.... BUT I'am very confident with those on the 100percent safe list. ..hahaha

No comments: