Saturday 5 March 2011

LOOPIE DIED TODAY

An unplesent awakening by dogs this morning.
Don't know why the dogs were barking about in the wee hours of the morning.
I went back to sleep only to wake up at 5.20am when my alarm went off.
Aarrr...I have forgotten to switch it off last night. Knowing it was saturday , I kind of tossed and turned around till I fell asleep again.
I finally woke up at 7.30am after realising that  the maid won't be coming in today.
Lydia was already awake and was doing her homwork.
I went around  doing what needs urgent doing....i.e. my pets while doing my online cafe :)
Found that Loopie is looking worse than yesterday. He was not even eating as his usual self.
Judging from the way he was, I was prepare for his passing anytime soon.
Andrew said I should have put him to sleep much earlier. I knew he was right but I just didn't have the heart to do it seeing that he was still eating well eventhough he was losing so much weight.

Went out for lunch with the girls at Letat market before going round the pet stores hunting for a hamster's cage.
I had bought Yona a hamster yesterday to replace Fudgecake who passed away the day before we left for KK even when I had said he would be the last.
Well.... hamsters don't last long...two years maximum so....
Ah...FudgeCake..with borrowed RIP condolence ad

We went on to mile eight market for some cat's fish plus tonight's dinner.  It has been a long time since we ate at home so I have decide to cook tonight.
There were not much choice to choose from but I still ended up buying 23 kg of fish .

Reaching home, I found  Loopie  lifeless at the place where he was this morning.
I had seen so many before him. I had found him in that same manner. Mouth opened, arms,legs and tail all streached out.. a little passing of motion. He had breath his final breath.
Sadness overcame me and a little tear shed but I knew it was for the best.
He was well loved and had lived a long cat's life. He even overtake Lydia's nine years.
Memories of him in happy times came crashing in. He was a part of all of us for those many years.
He was there alongside the girls growing up.
Oh Loopie.. .no one can but love you .
I wrapped him in newspapers and put his aside to bury but not before cutting his signature nail...the curled up forefinger nail that will always got hooked not only to me but to anyone he put his paw to.
That was one of the many things that he does that makes us remember him. Another one would be his sucking our earlobes once he got a little over 'manja' crawling upward our bodies.
I remembered how Yona used to let him do it to her earlobes when she was little ....oh boy.. memories doesn't make it easier.
It rained heavily the whole afternoon which makes it easier for me to dig his grave at the backyard.
I finally was able to do that around six in the evening....while halfway frying fish
Loopie -the familiar sight of him taking a nap. He was a white half persian cat born with his fore limbs deformed. When he walks it appeared as if he was using his elbows to move.He had soft voice which was hardly heard and also had this sleepy half opened eyes when he look at you.

R.I.P. Loopie... I cried again as I pile up the loose soil back into the hole. ..just as I did for the many loved cats I have buried there before him.
Just the thought of not being greeted by him tomorrow morning when I open the front door already makes me sad.
He will be dearly missed...

No comments: