Thursday 17 March 2011

IDOL TIME AGAIN

By the time I realised that Idol was on today, it was already halway finishing on prime time.
Aaarrrrrrrr..how could I have forgotten.
Nevertheless I was still able to catch some of the best singers for the night....before catching the rerun again at midnight.
Overall , other than Scotty's, I didn't really think much of  their songs choices.
Nothing wrong with the songs, probably just the way they all sang it to make it theirs.
Then again it could just probably be me having used to hearing the original version of the songs that makes these effort seems 'wrong'.

Recap:-
Scotty -When it comes to country music. Turning a rock song into country?.. I just love him.He has this weird power over me. I can’t not like his performance or that voice.

Casey- He was screaming halfway through the song but the judges love him, so he’ll be safe

Lauren- She completely redeemed herself from last week’s not-so-good performance. And she’s sick.

Jacob - He needs to hold back that powerful voice a little...it's like he's screaming all the time

Stefano - great vocal acording to the judges...scream a lot too but still bearable

Pia - Other than the Miss Universe looks ,her singing talent is  undeniable.

Haley -very unique voice that I can't really know wheather to like or dislike here.She had her moments but moments aren't good enough sometimes.

James - Such a performer.He’ll have people voting for him for that reason alone.

Thia -she ia an effortless singer with a super smooth voice. I do hope she steps it up next week. I’m tried of all the sleepy songs!

Naima - Flat during most of the song...

Paul - Unique voice, wacky dance moves, crazy perfect smile..love or hate him. It  was ok.


My pick for the bottom three would be - 
Karen Rodriguez, Haley Reinhart, Naima Adedapo

Most likely to go - Karen Rodriguez
I’m not as confident as I was with last week’s. I think Haley could just as easily go home . I also think there’s a slight possibility Jacob, Paul or Stefano could fall into the Bottom 3.
One thing for sure where voting is concerned ,the girls will always go first... (hey, it was a weird night… anything can happen tomorrow).

No comments: