Saturday 12 March 2011

First one out

American idol got their  first elimination right....just as I did.
Although she sang so good that earned her the first wild card into the top 13 last week, Ashthon did not do quite so well  during the premiere show.
Her version of Diana Ross's , 'When you tell me that you love me' ( one of my favourite song too), did nothing to put her above the rest  .Instead  it kind of  acknowledged her from the good to the not so good condenders.
Either it was the way she wanted the song to sound or my ears were telling me she was off keys most of the time. ( it still sounded that way when she sang it again for the judges' save )

It was the same too for Karen. I didn't like her song choice. I didn't feel the connections with that song. There was nothing to really wow about. She might be save now but I'm not counting on her to go further to the end.
Now Hailey on the other hand I thought was good. Maybe it's the country side of me that liked the way she yoddled the word 'bluuuuuue...'
it was different yet pleasent to hear.....evenif Randy said it was kind of sleepy.
She was not one of my favourite prior to top 13 and will still have to show me something other than that 'bluuuuuue...' to make it on my list.

My pick for this week's performances
James,Pia,Scotty,Paul,Lauren,Casey...... then again not in that particular order

No comments: