Wednesday 28 January 2009

WET WET ..CHINESE NEW YEAR

As it does every year, the rain came down really hard on the first day (2nd,3rd...)of chinese new year.
Luckly for us it was just days spending at home.... watching tv.

Andrew and me did went out ( in the rain) for a short while on the first day of CNY to do some banking and later to buy 'sweets' as I was having a yearning for them at that moment.
There was a bakery that open even on CNY. And wow.... did they have a wide selections of cakes for sale.

This was the best fudge I have ever tasted from this bakery... had to 'fight' with Tisha to enjoy them.


















We even bought a durian birthday cake. It looked better than it's taste. Just ordinary sponge cake with only the cream smelling durian. Would have taste better if they had spread the cream in between the cake's layers.


















This is a mocha fresh cream cake. Yona ate most of it.



















We were never the kind of people who would go to public open houses or even friends' houses ( on any occassions) without proper invitions . The only invition ( as we always have for the past twenty years or so)we got for CNY was to Baby Chung's house on the second day . She was my maid of honour and is still one of my best friend from our 'old gang' whom I still am in constant contact with.
This year we had to skipped that as well as Andrew had already left for KK when she called. Furthermore the girls .... me included were 'lazy' to budge from our individual activities.

Our own CNY always starts with home cook family's dinner at my mom's.
She's still holding on strong to her chinese roots.
Here are some of our favourites.
My siblings would be so jealous with my 'blessings'.









No comments: