Tuesday 13 January 2009

HOLIDAY IN SAPPORO JAPAN

11 November 2008
I took a the 8.10 am flight to KK today as I was afraid should there be any 'unforseen' circumstances that this flight got cancelled I still could take the 1.10pm flight or even the 6hrs bus ride.
No other 'unforseen' circumstances other than I totally forgotten both of my handphones whereby in the end dad had to rush (and barely making it) to the airport .
Flight was early therefore I had to wait for awhile for Andrew to come. He didn't report for work today so we had the whole day to 'waste'.
We did just that. First there was a heavy breakfast then it's to Maxis's office to report his lost sim card. ( oh... Andrew bought me another new handphone... after this morning handphones eposode?)
We went shopping for his winter cloths( men!.. just had to wait for the last minute) We also did some money changing after lunch before going home to do the last minute packing.
Our trip to Japan began with our 12.30a.m. flight from KK to Incheon Korea.
Our whole group comprising of 38 of us were already at the airport by 10pm.
There were no direct flight to Chitose Sapporo via Korean Airlines therefore the reason why we were booked to Incheon. We were infact in Korea first before Japan.
We took off on time but most of the trip ( 5 hours plus) was spent 'sleeping' unconfortabally at the seat. We were served breakfast at around four in the morning.
Breakfast was one of the 'worse' porrage that I have ever tasted. I discovered later that I was not the only one who said this.
It's hard to discribe on how it taste. A really sweet yuk yuk chicken porrage...
We were at the airport terminal by 6.30am and after passing the normal immigration prosidures we still had few hours to 'kill'.
We went 'walking around' the airport's shops with no intention of buying for awhile before going to one of the empty bording terminal where Andrew took the whole row of seats to catch up on his sleep. On the other hand, I felt it was a bit embarrising doing that so I ended up doing my cross stitch.
The flight to Chitose Sapporo took off at 10.10a.m. I was a two hour plus trip. We were offically in Japan at 12.50p.m. where we were met by our guide, Frank. A malaysian born man who makes his living as a guide in Japan . Funny, I wonder if he knows as much about Malaysia as he does Japan.
Hhmm...nevertheless he was a fine guide.
Off from the plane's seats we were back in the bus's seats.

Our first 'stop' was the Ainu Village Folk at Shiraoi . Ainu are the first people of the island. Here we saw houses constructed in the original style to demonstrate the traditional Ainu life style and we were able to observe dancing,listening to songs and witness the demonstrational of various technical arts handed down by the Ainu ancestors.

Next we were on our way to Noboribetsu.
Noboribetsu is Hokkaido's most famous hot spring resort, beautifully surrounded by forested hills. Noboribetsu's major attraction, besides its baths, is the Jigokudani or "Hell Valley", where you can view (and smell) sulfurous steam vents, streams and ponds. Noboribetsu is part of Shikotsu-Toya National Park.

Our hotel for the night was at the Noboribetsu Manseikaku Hot Spring Hotel.
It was here that I had the experience of the 'first' for many things.
A Japanese meal was nothing new to me but to eat sushi sashimi in Japan while wearing a japanese yukata was a first.
Sleeping on a tatami was also a first ( he he... but it was a six mattress pile for me)
The 'open' hot spring bath was open 24 hrs but it was defenietly a no no to Andrew. I didn't have a friend to go with or else taking a bath naked with other unknown people would have been a first too.
Anyhow I was a bit too tired for more 'fun' that night.
The bath tub they had in the room was fine enough for me to do some 'soaking'( minus the onlookers). I did just that for almost an hour. We had a room which have the bathroom and toilet separately so I wasn't worry with Andrew wanting to use the toilet. First bathroom I have been to that have separate rooms directly opposite of each other.
Hhmm.... I remembered how wonderful it was....
I guess I was realy 'that' tired as I didn't remember anything after that wonderful bath and going to bed.











 Incheon airport Seoul....waited for few hours for the next flight to Hokkaido









In the big bus stitching cross stitch of Yona








No comments: