Wednesday 28 January 2009

LUCK IS AROUND........ ???

These are air plants....
Air plants are known as epiphytes...plants that absorb what they need from the air through their leaves, not through their roots.
They are unusually hardy, surviving temeraptures from 35 to 120 degrees.
They are able to tolerate long periods without water, but it is also difficult to overwater them.
They do not need direct sun

I took the whole 'bunch' from June's home in Singapore on our trip way back on Christmas 2007. I'm not sure how many there were but these are the only ones that survived.
One started to bloom about a week ago. I got so excited about it because it was the first time and first one that I have seen personally. I took these photos when it first show the flowers 'shoots'.
My excitement turned to dissapointment when instead of blooming to it's fullest..... some @@#$#?>&^& ants or bugs got to it first and practicully ate the whole 'shoots'.
Rare boomings usually means luck.... he he... or maybe not. Darn insects!





No comments: