Sunday 4 January 2009

DINNER IN TAMBUNAN

I've forgotten to see what the name of the shop we had dinner in. It was raining really really heavy that the only 'thing' everyone wanted to do was get in from the rain. Amongs the fifteen of us, there were only five umbrellas. Therefore even with umbrellas, we were all draining wet.
Aahhhh.... I need to get rubber slippers. My poor shoes.
I have forgotten amongs other important 'things' ( facial wash,cotton buds,jackets,hair dryer...I was really sick la) to include additional slippers for myself on this trip. I normally would bring one as I know holidays in the interior during this season will always include rain which inturn will mean mud.

I think the shop could be a prominent one since it was a shop alone in one building itself.I must remember to find out soon. I have the bill with me but there is no mentioned of the shop's name... hhmm so much for prominent.
We were greeted with hand shakes by a man whom I initially thought was the 'taukeh' of the place. I realised later that was not so as he kept shaking our hands over and over. Oviously he has been extending his christmas 'celebrations'. He was talking to himself and even to the christmas monkies ( yup... no kidding) all the time we were there.
The Karaoke box was belting some famous dusun songs that we were all familiar with.Just right for us to sing along to.
Overall It was alright except when we were talking . It was hard to hear what the others were saying across the table.
Well... we were there to eat in the first place.
Hhmm... nothing spectacular just food to feed our hunger.
We 'finished' with a bill for RM149.60 around nine o'clock... just missed the closing time for the shops around. We had thought of buying the slippers tonight.
We therefore had to battled the rain and muddy paths again with our 'good' shoes going back to TVRC.



No comments: