Monday 12 January 2009

LYDIA'S FIRST DAY OF 'REAL' SCHOOL AT SJK (C) LOK YOK

I used to wonder why Lydia didn't get a place at SJK (C)Pui Jin ( Yona's old school)but I kept telling myself there must be a reason for everything.
Now I'm definitely sure the reason why her present school teacher living opposite our house was one of them.
I got to know her teacher about a few years back... infact about six years back. It was just a casual and brief encounter but I got to know she was a teacher and the school where she was teaching.
After that it was total silence until school registration day last year.
How fortunate can I be as she is now Lydia's 'rides' to and from school which means..... I don't have to be her driver.
Her school is one of the most 'remote' ones in Sandakan. It takes about fifteen minutes drive ( no traffic) from the house.... to the 'jungle' along cecily road towards SJK (C) Lok Yok.
They only have six classes... one for each standard.
A few of my friends wondered why I entered her there.
I don't remember what I answered them but my personal reason is....
the feelings I felt the first moment I sat foot at that school. I don't know how to explain it but it was a kind of peaceful and calm feeling that makes you feel good.
I'm very sure Lydia will benefit more from a 'quiet' school due to her personality.

The first day to school... still without the school's badge














There were only seven of them on the first day of school





















This is the new building



















The canteen






The 'old' school building










The Parking area

No comments: