Tuesday 12 July 2011

RED VELVET MORNING

I woke up early today as I went to bed much much earlier than I normally do last night.
Since I did not endulge myself to that extra hour of sleep when the girls have left for school as usual,
.... and the fact that I back off at the last minute to do my much needed morning jog,
I had therefore some free time to do something that would show some 'results' ...something like cooking.
Not the normal cooking at my online cafe but more reality cooking.

Baking would be more to the word as that is more to my passion nowadays.
I wanted to do some cheese tarts as I remembered I had a kilo of cream cheese still in the fridge waiting to be use.
Running through my recipe file, I came across this one red velvet cup cakes recipe which again I found online with awsome feedbacks.
I had wanted to do it for a long time but the recipe called for buttermilk which I do not have.
I had since gone online for alternative substitute.

Nevertheless, I still made my tart dough but kept it in the fridge.... for another day.
Today, I would be going red.

Results: The cakes were a totally success story. They turned out just right although I must say the taste must be aquired because it was a little strong for me personally. Probably the soda's or the colouring?...
The cream cheese frosting helps a lot. Everyone loves cheese.

While the two older girls said the cakes were..so so la...Lydia loves them.
She ate four cakes at one sitting.
Probably she'll be the one to finish them all too.

Look at that....I have never baked a cake this red. The recipe asked for 2tblsp of red colouring  but I pandai pandai reduced to just one.

Made 24 of the medium cups. They look so waterly that I had my doubts they would ever rise.

Everything turned red

Twenty minutes later...all done

Almost perfect one

Oooooo....red

Made some cream cheese frosting for the topping



With coloured sugar for the camera...

No comments: