Thursday 28 April 2011

ON IDOL TOP 6

In five years, you won't remember any of them, except when you're playing a Sporcle game and you sit in frustration, before finally crapping out, "Scotty McCreery!"
The top 6
I was set to watch Idol  'live' at six  but was told  by Yona that her coach text msg her saying that there would be training tonight instead of tomorrow.
Errrrr.....
After a short nap back from the alley I finally  got to catch the rerun at midnight.

Jacob Lusk with his confidence a little  shaken after being on the bottom three last week sang "Oh No Not My Baby," .My first impression is that he has sung it so many times, he isn't thinking about the words anymore -- not like it matters, because he was totally killing it. I'm not his fan and so didn't really like it. But the judges liked it, even though Jennifer Lopez (in her nude-illusion top) pointed out a few parts where it wasn't perfect.

Lauren Alaina sang "Where You Lead". Lauren wore a pretty dress with some dumpy, old boots. But, this is a singing competition, and she did the singing part well. At the end of the song, Lauren was a bit of a wreck, and the judges tried to encourage her while telling her it wasn't totally great.

Once again, James Durbin has shown that he's the front-runner, he is the guy to beat, but I don't think anyone did that tonight.  No one else has DARED to do that much a capella. 
Randy realy does need to stop declaring winners, that's not his job.Simon did the same for Adam and look what that got him.

Haley Reinhart  sang "Beautiful." . Her voice is so great for Carole King's songs. I liked it and thought it was one of her most exciting performances. So good so that she might  even stay another week.
The judges liked it, too.Jennifer said Haley is one of the best voices in the competition (but hasn't she said that to almost everyone?). Randy didn't like the beginning, but liked the end. Sometimes I don't get you, Randy.

Scotty McCreery played it safe last week, so he's ready to go "full steam ahead" this week with "You've Got a Friend." Jimmy Iovine is ready to help him mix it up, but Scotty just can't help twangin'. There's something about Scotty, though: I just want him to succeed. Despite the way he sounds, he's just a kid.
 I love this performance. He was true to himself, but it was really soft and heartfelt. I'm glad he stayed seated on the stairs the whole time, too. The judges liked it, and Randy called it "flawless," after pointing out one flaw. Then the camera panned away from Randy, as he went off on one of his "Scotty's in it to win it!" rants.
My heart melted when Ryan said, "It's always like you're singing to one specific person," and Scotty said, "Who is it? ... I don't know. I wish I knew!" How can someone be so cheesy and so sincere all at once?

Casey Abrams And while I think he was an early favorite to win, he's slowly falling out of the voters' favor. That doesn't change how musically hip he is.  Casey did his thing tonight -- just growling and, for lack of a better word, "jamming." If I had to guess, I'd say that Casey is the band's favorite contestant to work with. The judges weren't totally excited, but seemed to like it.


DUETS :
The first duet goes to Haley Reinhart and Casey Abrams. Ryan says it like there might be something going on with them. Mmhmm! This is a good pairing, and they get to share "I Feel the Earth Move,". This was Haley's week to shine. She started out strong, and once they got balanced, the duet was really working for both of them. Well, it worked for them individually and, in certain moments, together. It was really good for me.

Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery did their third duet together. Their performance of "Up on the Roof" unlike the two before, is not my favorite Scotty/Lauren duet because the song is unfimiliar with me and the harmonies were off.

Jacob Lusk and James Durbin, sang "I'm Into Something Good."  It was kind of goofy and fun, with their white pants and yelling ( lots of yelling)  Not bad thou not amazing. It happened. The duets, in general, seemed like a throwaway .

On who's going home tomorrow?
I don't know anymore..... well...I actually don't really care anymore. Anyone of them could be the next American Idol.
A..M..E..R..I..C...A..N... get it?
I'll leave that to them to decide.

No comments: