Wednesday 13 April 2011

A FRIEND'S PASSING

Just as we were settling down at the airport awaiting for our next flight, I looked at my phone.
Four unread messeges. None but one made my heart missed a beat.
It was from a long time friend in Melaka relating the passing of another friend...Ravi.
He had a heart attack. Surprisingly for we had known him to be very 'fit'. He was afterall Melaka's state hockey coach and had just been transferred to Sabah prior to his passing.
A lot of questions built up on my mind  as to the hows and whys...but somehow all  won't matter now.


My eyes well up and my throat gets a little lump that is hard to swallow. It dawns on me that he was no longer with us. The idea that there can't be any new memories formed with someone who's 'gone' forever sadden me.
I don't quite know how to react to his passing, but am most thankful that I had the opportunity to be friends with such a good man eventhough for just a short time.
They were very meaningful times which might not  be measured up against any scale of importance to others, but to Jo and me , they were quality times. Moments that we would always remember.
Human, all too human, he was and Indeed we loved him as a friend and respected him as an intelligent human being.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
- Hilary Cooper

I hope that his soul finds peace. I wish and pray his love ones find peace and comfort in the knowledge that he had touched many lives ...mine and Jo's included.

.

No comments: