Sunday 30 January 2011

MY SAY ON PAST AMERICAN IDOLS

I was going through recent American Idol hopefuls over youtube and couldn't overlook the past nine years winners at their first auditions. 
I have added the few personal choices of mine that didn't become ..BUT should have become American Idol.


AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 1
                                          


I don't really remember much about this first Idol - Kelly Clarkson  from the show but I did watch her at the
finale with my mom.
Now she for one watched the whole show and had indeed picked Kelly as her Idol.

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 2
 
Now this idol Ruben Studderd ..other than he's a big black man  with 'nice' voice, I really don't know much
about.
It seems I have totally missed out this season show.
I later on found out  that American should have voted for Clay Aiken as their winner  judging from the huge 'after Idol' success he became..

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 3
One of my top pick of the top twenty though not my final pick to win. I had wanted  Latoya London or Jennifer Hudson as the eventual winner. Fantasia Barrino has a very high and shap kind of 'squeky' voice that I sometime find 'painful' to listen to.
 
Jennifer is the one who's doing much success after Idol.
She didn't get the title but she won an academy award instead for her acting debut on Dreamgirls.

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 4


 This season was the one that I watched from the start till the end. American got this one right that time when in the final was a choice of either Carrie Underwood or Bo Bice.
Both of which I had picked as potential winners so the result didn't really make much difference.
Carrie no doubt is a clear Idol now with five Grammy awards,  sold more than 11 million albums and has notched eight No. 1 songs thus far in her career.

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 5
 
 

This eventual winner Taylor Hicks was inded totally'different'. Not only limited of his grey hairs, I found him 'stiff' with his movements. Sort of 'funny' to look at whenever he dance   .... no way from the first time I watch the audition did it crossed my mind that he would in the end win the competition.
I had picked Chris Daughtry ( who looked every bit a winner!) 
 He however didn't even make it to the season finale after only coming in third place.
He and his band no doubt went on to sell millions of records in the United States.
They had two number 1 albums, a string of top 40 singles, and an American Music Award win.
In the end,  more of a successful loser I would say.
Katharine McPee who made it to the final ( my vote HAD TO go to her once Chris was gone)  is such a beautiful,beautiful woman..... plus the lovely vocal of course (remember her mom was her vocal coach).
Somehow I felt that it was really her beauty that got most of her votes to be in the final two ....and not because of the latter.

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 6


This year's winner, American also got it right. I fell in love with Jordan Sparks the first time I saw this 16yrs old audition,  although her voice  ( my personal opinion) can't beat that of Melinda Doolittle's.
This 'humble' back up singer who Simon always said 'you don't know how good you are',managed only to get up to the final three.
She was my favourite choice but she oviously lack the 'pakage' to get the majority votes. Runner up Blake Lewis...  I guess was satisfied with his placing knowing from the start that  his 'beatboxing' can't beat Jordan's vocal .( this is a SINGING competiton afterall)

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON  7
.
This was the season which I followed weekly and never once missed.  I love these three men David Cook, David Archuleta and Jason Castro.
The finale was between both the Davids which eventually sided to Mr Cook.
 As much as I agree with that final decision, there's a part of me that wanted Archie to win. He is so young ,adorable and very very cute. I love him since I 'met' him on the first audition. Of course, he sings good too....very unic , recognizable vocal.
Tisha is crazy over him as well.... but I saw him first! so hands off..he's mine!  hahaha

AMERICAL IDON SEASON 8















This is another season that I follow throughout.
 The choice of the winner was very clear for me even from the start .
 I had picked Adam Lambert and Danny Gokey to be in the finale.  
Boy oh boy did America got this one wrong . Not only did they sent Danny home before the final duo, they dare to pick Kris as the winner over Adam. (imagine.. even Kris was suprise himself)
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh... that was SERIOUSLY a 'wrong' decission people!. 
 Everyone expected Adam to win ( I KNOW for sure!) because he was CLEARLY 'the one to beat'.
He 'delivered' every week in his very unic own way to every song assigned to him ...
Yes... he was openly 'different'..... with his eyeliner and all
BUT... damn he was sooooooooooooo good at what he's doing.
Again I would say...He should have won.....Adam should have won!.
(#$%^&* ..to those people who didn't vote this winner.)

On a Serious note.... . I was bias in picking Adam therefore had 'shut' the idea that Kris does have good vocal in his own way.

AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 9
In the latest season we saw Lee Dewyze taking the Idol title and Cystal Bowersox as runner up.
 I would have been happy with anyone of them taking the winning spot as I have picked them much much earlier on the show and  felt that both have what it takes to claim that title.


Oh wow... it's almost midnight and I just realised that I have been sitting here infront of this pc for more than five hours non stop commenting of past events that can't be change... a competition  in a country where my votes and say don't matter......hehehe
Well...what is the big deal, I'm only saying what I felt.
I enjoyed watching these videos ..then and again now.

The 10th season is just starting. Let's see if I can pick a winner now....



No comments: