Tuesday 25 January 2011

A Moment's thought

We don't often meausure our lives in moments, but maybe, just maybe, we should.
I was asked the other day to discuss one defining moment in my life..
Hhmm.... thousand thoughts that goes through the mind .
Sometimes  we tend to forget how precious life is.
Everything can change in an instant, sometimes in a small but powerful way, and sometimes drastically... , the decision to choose self-preservation over a life not destined for greatness, deciding to 'walk out' the door forever or turning around and knowing for sure it is there therefore you must stay.

The end of a life can really make your mind wander away from your normal 'path'.
Heartfelt pain... it was just yesterday that we met them... and today they're 'gone'.
Vanished from this earth..gone and never to return again. Gosh,..what a thought.
Someday when it's my call  ...would someone remember and think of me this same way ?
I suppose..
Have you ever considered how differently your life might have turned out had you made even slightly different choices in those critical times? I am not one to dwell on these kinds and sorts of woulda, shoulda, coulda things, but I do believe that we are all actually constantly faced with transformational moments, only most often we go with the status quo and therefore don't recognize them as such.
I do know, however, with great certainty that there are moments suspended in time that have, indeed, changed who I am ... for better... for worse.....forever.
then again
It's a difficult question, and one I've been thinking about a lot lately.

No comments: