Wednesday 22 April 2009

MY BAKING EXPERIENCES


My joining the classes were purely due to boredom for my days of feeling 'nothing'.
Emotionally I have been a bit down for quite sometimes so this was something to inject 'umphh' to boost my self worth feelings.
I needed to regain those 'I still can do it'/ 'still have it with me'...feelings.

I have wanted to sign up for the whole week's class but remembered that I still have a few other prior commitments. I managed to signed up for two 'sit in' session within the week. Too bad all 'hands on' ones were fully booked.
If I was still keen, next month's ones were already open for booking I was told.... see how 'laku' these classes are.
I decided against signing up yet. I'm giving it time just incase this sudden interest deminish or dissapear all together as it has suddenly appeared in the first place .
I am a known mood swinger person.... he he .. and deposits for these classes were not refundable with cash so... you'd understand my hesitation.

As a 'sit in' student... It was darn boring. At times I had a hard time just keeping my eyes open. I noticed that too on some of the others.
Most of those who attened were already established baker themselves with their own products already on the market.... either owners of cafes or their bakery chefs.
They were there purely to look out for new products...... I asked!
So not to be 'outdone', I played the part of 'know what they were talking about ' throughout the sessions... I actually do just probably lack of practicals.
Despite the boringness in some of the moments, it ended up well with nothing less than perfect cakes.
ALMOND CUP CAKES WITH LEMON FILLINGS

A CLOSE UP OF THE CUP CAKE

TIGER SKIN SWISS ROLL


ZIBRA CHEESE STEAM CAKE


PEACH WHITE EGGS CIFFON

CHEESE LOAF

HAZELNUT SLICE CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE FRESH CREAM TOPPING

HAZELNUT SLICE

CHEESE CIFFON CAKE

No comments: