Monday 20 April 2009

BAKING INTO MY FUTURE DAYS

Today I have restarted one of the many hobbies I have long put aside. Baking.
I was really getting good at it one time .
It is also one of the reason Andrew still blames me for his drastic weight change. We were just starting going out together then. He would normally come to my place after his dinner where I usually would have some sweets dessert for him to try on.
I had to stop when he basically told me to. By then he was already adding inches and gaining pounds. It has been years but I have sure not forgotten the 'thrills' and satisfactions of an end product.
All I need now is probably some practices to make it... not perfect but 'smoother'.

Anyhow... I've been bored with the 'nothingness' of my days that I've decided to start picking on where I left off.
Another hobby of mine that does not come cheap. I went out to buy the ingredients of couse but still didn't stop myself there from aquiring additonal ( just becos they looked 'cute') baking tins.. pan.. cutters..etc etc.
I did a stop over at Annie's cooking studio too where I found out that they were having daily baking classes.... I enroll myself for one class this coming tuesday.

Once the long lost passion sets in I'm sure I'll be enrolling myself to more than one. I've read their line up programes for the month and needless to say.. I'm already hooked.
Let's just wait and see if the RM could withstand the 'I want it all 'stuff'.

My first baking session did not go as smooth. I had trouble locating my electric beater's rotating blade. (yea... goes to show how long I've not done it)
Up to date I still have not found it.
I'm using an 'old' one which is actually half way going to the grave. It goes 'sot' if you use it for too long.

My first recipe was for my favourite raisin muffins. This was actually a try out for my new oven too... yea... the cheap Indonesian made oven I bought in Tawau a few months back .Highly recommended and true to every credit.

The results?....It was a successful experiment in the form of thireeen nicely done muffins.

At the stage where there was doubts


















Up close.....



















Nicely done......

















Walla..... ready for the mouth

No comments: