Friday 17 May 2013

YO AMERICANS ...YOU GOT YOUR WINNER !

I KNOW....it's clearly Candice.

I watched the finale and it seems so right that she won. I guess Americans has got it right this year. And yes...finally it's a girl winner!

I have said all that I need to say in regards to the two finalist so I'm just pasting news from the net.

FOX: Who Won American Idol Results Last Night 2013?

Posted: May 17th, 2013 in American Idol by LALATE
FOX: Who Won American Idol Results Last Night 2013 winner results top 2


ST LOUIS (LALATE) – Who won American Idol results last night 2013 for the top 2, who is the American Idol 2013 winner? Candice Glover won American Idol last night beating out country singer Kree Harrison. It was a major moment to launch the careers of the top 2 singers. But for Fox, it was also a major milestone as the network tries to reassess what is wrong with its ailing franchise as the show goes from number one in the ratings into a tailspin.

When American Idol results last night were announced, the show was far different than back in 2007. That was the last time a female won the show. When Jordin Sparks’ season debuted, it drew a record 41 million viewers. American Idol was the number on show on television, keeping its broadcaster Fox at the top of the ratings. At the time, the show seemed to be unbeatable in its ratings, format, and ability to launch careers.
But slowly the show fell apart. Gone were Simon Cowell and Paula Abdul. Many fans became bothered with Randy Jackson.
Season to season, Fox tried to jumpstart the show. Brought in this season were new judges with unprecedented salaries. The big checks didn’t work. Nor did their big feuds. Even former winners like Fantasia denounced the judges’ bickering this season.
Amidst the programming mess of Idol, Candice Glover and Kree Harrison impressed viewers. The singers were arguably the best final two singers on the show in years. Last night, Glover became the first female winner since Sparks’ win in season six. Glover followed a similar path, pushing R&B vocals that mesmerized fans, compared to Harrison who championed country tunes.
After her win last night, Glover talked about how she had tried out several times before the show. “I think everything happens for a reason,” she said. “And I don’t think I would’ve made it as far [in past seasons] as I did this season because I didn’t know who I was at all and I was just auditioning because I was a 19-year-old girl who happened to know how to sing.”
She also told news “This year, I am more of an artist and I do know myself a little bit better so I don’t think I would have done as well.”Glover’s song “I Am Beautiful” impressed fans and judges on Wednesday night. Many felt it was one of the best coronation songs for Idol in many years.

No comments: