Sunday 28 February 2010

GOING A BIT FURTHER WITH MY PASSION



I went a bit further on my passion for cakes.
I attended a crash course on cake decorating.
Instead of a normal sunday spent, it was more of an educational, 'costly' ( I kept buying baking 'stuffs' in between..) but fun day spent at Annie's cooking studio.
I had enrolled for the class about a month ago after forgoing one which I had wanted to take in KK. The class's dates unforfunately did not match with the 'timing' when Andrew would be there.
I was therefore all thrills when by chance, Annie's studio offered the same course a week apart right here in Sandakan.
The course was just a practical run to what I was already doing but I felt I needed a supervisor's approval to boost my confidence .....plus the certificate I suppose.
It was a small class of 15 students. So small that my 'neighbour' was one of my church member.
Most kept to themselves but I did managed to make new friends which I hope to meet again on other classes.
I heard them talking of next's month menu already....fresh cream decoration.
Hhmm... will have to see my next month's budget first.


Coating the cake with fondant icing....

Cakes in a row... blue is my colour

...plus the box to carry home..with my name attached :)

Aha...the certificate.... nothing really 'special'.. seems so easy to duplicate :)

No comments: