Sunday 14 February 2010

GONG XI FA CHAI/HAPPY VALENTINE


I don't quite remember what I time I went to bed last night but I remembered my eyes were not looking their best the whole day.
This year the eve of chinese new year comes together with the eve of valentine's day. I was certain all the chinese eatery would be close by the afternoon. Andrew had other thoughts. He had invited Rocky to have dinner at one of our regular restaurant.

I had thought mom would have called by then to invite us for our yearly reunion dinner. When evening came and still no call from her, I gave up the idea and went along with Andrew's.
Perhaps she didn't know yet that we were back in town... :) I didn't make the effort to inform her that we were back home....a day earlier!
I would have but knowing her I know she would have insisted for us to attend church that morning. I have just got home to a house where Andrew had been living in for the past four days ( trust me...you wouldn't want to know), I had five days laundry to do...plus whatever he had soiled while I was gone.
aaahhhh....picking up the 'mess' wasn't that hard but as with everything else ,I like to do them at my own phase .
'I told you so'... rubbing it in. Seems every shop that we went were close.
We ended up at our 'second home'....our regular bowling cafe . They offer valantine's dinner menu but we didn't opt for that.
I have nothing but sweet compliments for the food served. Either I was darn hungry or it was really good .
We clean up everything (too regular that I forgotten to take pictures of them)..we had the curry fish head, mango chicken,japanese tau foo, kangkong,taugeh and the laksa soup.
Just over RM100, it was a meal that everyone enjoyed to the last bit...litterly we really clean up the plates.

Yona asked why I wanted to pose with the rice..... I have no idea too

Simple yet 'meaningful' and delicious mom's home cooked meal

The morning of chinese new year was greeted with yet plenty more fire crakers plus those noisy lion dances ( I said noisy because my EIGHT dogs joined in to their 'music' each time one passes by)
Mom called but the phone was still faulty and I can barely hear what she was saying. I kind of guess what it was about but recomfirmed it with my handphone anywhere.
Yup..we were to have lunch at her place later on.
I went out with Andrew and bought myself two pair of shoes that was on sale.
:) not a necessity but heck it was on sale .

After lunch at mom's , we sent the girls for training. I took this photo for the deco....just a reminder that it was chinese new year.

This is a regular favourite here...white chocolate walnut cake RM7.50/pc

It seems we never could stay at home when food is concern. Worse if Andrew is around.
He has a 'thing' about missing a meal . Me not cooking at home adds up to that.
Valentine night was spent at secret recipe where our meal of 'this and that' billed up to RM260.

We saw a a young couple having it 'all out' with flowers and chocolates at a nearby table. Wonderful gasture on the boy's side I would say but I didn't think the girl appreciate it that much. She was more embarrased than pleased by the looks of it.
My personal view sees that our local socity still have not fully embrace these 'orang putih' traditions. For the more 'open minded' ones....... like me :) yesssssssssss!
but ....but..... but......
:( has my 'time' passed?.. is there an age limit for being mushy mushy romantic?where are the candle light dinners?...the roses?...those chocolates?
HELLOOOOOOOOOO.... anybody?

This is the lamb pie......It tasted exactly like the blackpepper chicken...hot.
A bad choice for someone with 'no teeth' for the meat was sooooooooo hard

The previous trip here we didin't tried this... Dinosaurous curry puff

I should say, this is the only meal that I like here..... chicken blackpepper steak

No comments: