Thursday 2 October 2008

LET'S GO TO HAWAII


My brother's chicken chop


Laura's choice..... Mexican... something. She said the gravy was very nice


Mom's choice... Lamb Shoulders


This was my choice.. the mix grill.. Lamb,chicken and beef



This was the day's soup...corn soup with real crab meat ( how unfortunate we don't eat crab).

Ha ha... don't get me wrong. I didn't really mean Hawaii as in the island of Hawaii.... just an eating outlet that I think worth mentioning here. A small Cafe below the Grand View Hotel located at Jalan Dua.
My last visit was on the eve of Hari Raya. Of all the days to go into town, my dad had to ask me to meet up with some lawyer for some document signing on this day. A ten minute task. I wanted to go in the afternoon as I knew the traffic would be real heavy (I used to work in town and I knew how traffic was in the morning on the eve on any celebration).
But..... there was no saying 'no' to my mom once she has made up her mind. NOW!
Its already almost noon by the time we did reach town. Was lucky my brother(and his girlfriend Laura) was here. He ended up as our driver. Phew!!... traffic was heavy as expected ( I TOLD YOU ALL SO... talking about rubbing it in, I had fun saying those words over and over). To make matter worse, the aircond wasn't working and... the road tax expired two days ago!.
My brother took a wrong turn (mom's instructions) so to avoid going trough traffic jam twice, I walked . As I've said , it was done in ten minutes.

Midday means... lunch time. We got the choice to go either for steam fish or set lunch. We opt for the latter cos it was the nearest place to where we (luckly)managed to get a parking space . Did I mentioned it was a sunny... hot .... hot afternoon?.. it was.(Hawaii is fully airconditoned!)
I have set my mind on the set lunch even before entering the cafe wherelse 'they' (mom,brother & Laura) flipped the menu over and over for choices. In the end they decided with the same choice as mine although they vary the main dish choice.
For the price of RM10.50++ for a set... it was worth it. I have forgotten to take picture of the dessert after enjoying the main meal. The total meal also include coffee or tea.

No comments: