Sunday 12 October 2008

QUEEN OF THE NIGHT

This is how it looks as I first saw it...
Bakawali... Bunga Raja...Ric Rac cactus...
queen of the night...Epiphyllum anguliger.









By ten the next morning....
I had the most wonderful feeling going through me after seeing this plant that has been growing around my garden without much care bloom for the first time. Quite by accident that I stumbled upon the blooming process sometime around 9 p.m. about a month ago . It was already almost to it's full bloom when I saw it.
It has been in my collection of plants for years but have never gotten much attention from me. It's a 'messy' plant and all I ever did was prune it in order to keep it to a managable size. I don't quite remember where the original 'mother' plant is now but I know this plant is a cutting that I have cast away and had managed to survive in a giant pot meant for a bouganvilla plant. It was growing strong and healthy that I somehow let it be each time I weed the pot.

Maybe blooming was a sign that I should give it more than a thought now. I have heard friends talked about how beautiful the flower is but have never really seen one bloom before... more so one that is planted in my garden.
It's really an easy /not much bother to grow plant (hidup sendiri lah kira).

To see it in full bloom is truly a rare sight to behold evenif they don't last very long. Just a night to be exact ( thus the name queen of the night). I was all wilted by noon.
There is a saying that abundance luck beholds for the owner should his or her plant ever bloom.... (me la tu konon). I saw Andrew 'talk' to the flower while 'hitting' it with his four D tickets.... ha ha ha kena patan.
I decided to write about this event as yesterday it bloom again.
Second time ?... aha... double abundance luck lah ni.. ( mega toto draw is up to it's max RM20million.. mungkin tunggu aku tu)

)


This is the second bloom... I managed to catch it at its fullest bloom


.... and I managed a picture with the flower eventhough it was a little bit dark.
Beautiful right?.... the flower la

1 comment:

Oreste said...

Hello, a salute from Rome. Ciao