Monday 19 March 2012

Fostering gone 'wrong'


 
A beauty at SSPCA
 
Today I was to foster and care for a pregnant cat even when I'm in another state.
 Jo had highlighted in AFU that a there was this pregnant cat dumped at her office canteen.

There was an urgent  need to 'rescue' this cat from where she was because according to Jo, her boss, the  Datuk was coming tomorrow and he would not have cats around the canteen and would surely make someone throw them away.
As she has no experience with cats and with her four dogs running loose around the house, she was not in the position to help.
I then made arrangement for Jo to send the cat home whereby Jeff would help me put her in a safe place.
Somehow during the handling over, the cat was frightened by my barking dogs. She broke free from Jo's hand ( not forgetting to leave her with a few scratches ) and ran across to the neighbour's house.

Aaarrrrrrrrrr....why oh why did she not use a cage or a simple box?.. I have no idea.
What was she thinking when handling the cat with her bare hands. Was she not using her head ? .
I have dogs for heaven sake. Any cats would have panicked at the sight of dogs more so of their non stop barking.  Probably she has never even encountered one before. ( ....and I have fourteen of them!)

According to Jo, the cat was heavily pregnant and most likely won't be moving around much. I have my doubt on that because it's almost midnight now and all effort to locate her seems fruitless.

It ran to the neighbour's compound I was told. Which neighbour?
It's a big area and that was hours ago. She could be anywhere. . . Frightened and alone. Poor cat.
I'm thousand miles away but I just want to come home and join in the search. .
It's one of those time I felt so helpless . ..

No comments: