Wednesday 24 June 2009

THE TRIP TO KUCHING, SARAWAK 9-15 June

I've booked out tickets two month ahead of this trip therefore we did get a much discounted fares eventhough it was during the mid-year school break.
The main reason to be there was not for 'cuti-cuti Malaysia', it was actually for the girls MSN sports excel's Ten Pin bowling Sarawak leigue.
The dates were marked as 14-16June 2009. As it was held on the school holidays, we had made plans to go there a few earlier....... just to 'breath" Kuching's air :)
This was the girls's first visit to Kuching, second for me.
I had been there about eight years before with my mom to attend a church function siminar.
Asked if there was any difference since then and now, I went 'blank'.... I practically don't have much memories of my past's visit. Possibly there wasn't anyone or any much reason for me to remember 'anything' by.
My last trip touring did however include a visit to the famed catural villages .

For this trip, I would have love to witness the musical rainforest festival that was on going on the days we were in Kuching. This festival has been going on for a number of years and received much attention when it was promoted through the mass medias. It is afterall an international event. Numerous countries were taking part with new entries added each year.
The music they brought forth were 'beyond earth'.....wonderful , peaceful sounds that gets you connected with nature and life itself...(my version)
This event might be one of the reason why I wanted to come to Kuching should I be given the question... 'why go to Kuching?'.
Unfortunately..........
maybe the company was not right this time. The girls too wasn't keen. All they wanted to do was watch the other bowlers bowl. Can't really blame them as that was the reason why we were there the first place.
Anyhow, thanks to a very good friend of mine , we didn't miss a visit the renowned cat museum.
RIVERSIDE SUPERBOWL
The main reason why we were here.... bowling



Our favourite place for a place to rest our feet



CAT'S MUSEUM
A wonderful trip for the girls to remember for they were the only ones amongs their team mates that got to see this acclaimed place.
We had breakfast at this place....Kaya & Toast... first time I have seen although I was told by our wonderful host they have a chains of outlet throughout Sarawak.







A TRIP TO THE NEWEST MALL..
Had the oppurtunity to walk around this big place where I found a sunday market within the premises.





A delecacy at only 50cts per piece

A closer view


FOOD OF KUCHING.... minus the sago maggots
These are a few mouth watering dishes I was fortunate to have tasted while in Kuching.
Dishes for lunch at the car Park Garden






The ever popular Madam Tang's where I tasted my first Sarawak's Laksa




With so much choices of dishes to choose from...Selera Bunda is a very popular lunch time eatery.




THE PRIDE OF KUCHING
As part of our being in Kuching was holidaying, we had come two days earlier than the actual competition itself. The flight from Kk was over in what seems a short while cos we were there well before 9am.
As we were only allow to check in to our room at midday, we 'burned' time walking at the river front.

A must have photo of Kuching


GOODBYE KUCHING
Taken while waiting for our flight back to KK. Mc D ice cream.
Leaving with a heavy heart.... We left behind sweet wonderful memories.

No comments: