Friday 27 September 2013

SAYING GOODBYE TO MOCHA



I had her for a short time but the joy and memories she gave me in return would last forever



This was her a few days since I took her in. I never thought we could save the left eye. It was infected pretty bad. It took about a month or so for it to fully recover.


Look at how beautiful she was. Taken at her very best times.  She didn't want to look at the camera thou so Lydia made her. 

In remembrance of my beautiful Mocha

Sadly, she wasn't her family's "forever pet", yet she is that to us.  Today an absolutely amazing volunteer had to take a 10-year old cat to our vet to be euthanized as she was in kidney failure.  How could this happen?  In a nutshell, when her family surrendered her 2-months ago, she was simply heartbroken and gave up her will to live.  She wouldn't eat.  She wouldn't drink.  Volunteers showered her with love and affection, yet after having lived in a home for a decade the shelter proved simply too much for her.

Our hearts are heavy, yet know that she's a forever pet to those dedicated and loving volunteers who make room in their hearts and take time out of their days to right the wrongs of other people.  RIP sweet, sweet kitty.  We did our very best and only wish there were enough foster homes for the aging, ill and heartbroken animals.

 
She was a loner in the sense that she didn't like any other cats to get near her. Even so  she was very loving with every human friends.
She was a rescued cat along with her brother Cinnamon (aka..Pooper/Poopie) from AFU group.
Someone had advertised them for adoption  somewhere around this time a year ago. They were seal point Siamese/Persian mix.  At the time the offer was made, both were suffering from diarrhea plus infestation of lice ( as reported by the owner).
My friend Gee had agreed to take both in.. Mocha was for her while  Cinnamon for me.
At that point in time, the original owner gave  Mocha to Gee but held back on Cinnamon sighting that his pooping problem hasn't stop. .
I didn't know if I would eventually get Cinnamon but when Gee had a change of heart with Mocha, she offered to get him for me in addition I adopt Mocha as well.
Gee had kept  Mocha  for two weeks before giving her up. I suspected it was because she caught the flu and her eye really needed immediate medical attention. .

####
She started showing loosing weight and was very picky with her food. She would eat but only very little . Next her right eye changes colour to yellow brown plus it seems to be protruding just a little bit. Panicked , I send her packing to the Vet to be observed . Two weeks there and a bill of almost RM200, she was sent home with ...' there's nothing wrong with her. Eyes changes colours all the time. She's just very picky with what she eats' said the Doctor.
Nooooooooo...that's not what I wanted to hear. If I had sent her there just to be told this I wouldn't have gone to the trouble.
I still say there is something wrong with her.

p/s
Cinnamon was also going through difficult times with his non stop 'pooping'. He was kept at the vet for more than a month to help control this. After trying out all that possibilities...He was sent back ..uncured.
Preparing for his lifetime 'trouble' I took him home. Surprisingly the pooping stopped by itself.
Doctor had earlier said that the sibling's problem could be related to 'overbreeding' amongst the clan....whatever that means

 
 

 
 
 


No comments: