Sunday 29 September 2013

IT'S STILL GOOD NEWS FOR KML


Photo: Me and my bowling teammates! C: It's really a good time to be with them all. For they are so supportive and caring, helping me for all this while. To be frank, at first I really do feel that joining Kakom was very tiring and the practices made me fully occupied, feeling like wasting my time. But when I back from Johor, I was quite reluctant to let go. Sincerely, I do miss them a lot. This is going to be my sweet memories that I will never forget. Hard to let go. T.TPhoto: ♥ #missthem #somuch #bowling #teammates #kakom #2013 #KML #instadaily


Took this from Yona's fb page. It pretty much show the whole team representing KML for the KAKOM ten pin bowling held in Johore .

They left Labuan for KL on Friday for the games held over the weekend.
I had messaged her for updates of the game but did not get any responses until it was over.  Following through her fb tagged pictures I knew that they didn't get the chance to lane practice at the alley on the day they arrived. Having said that, I did get a early morning call  from her on the day of the game itself.
As usual she was nervous as with every competition. More so having to play without the chance to 'read' the lanes first. Nevertheless I assured her to just give her best and not to worry with the final outcome.
I would have love for her to win a medal BUT she didn't. She only came in fourth.
Missed one spot for a medal . In the team event too they only stand fourth.

She manages to bowled to a good 180 average for the six games even with a 'torned' finger.  A good score for someone who has not been bowling for 'a long time' .

The real good news out of this was......... out of the best twenty they were again asked to compete for a place in a team of five to represent KMM ( Kolej Matrikulasi Malaysia ) in the up coming SIPMA (Sukan Institutsi Pendidikan Malaysia).
Yona came in third earning her a place in the team.

She will be going for the game at Kolej Matrikulasi Pahang , Gambang this coming  15-22 Nov 2013.

That will be another story to write but with this news, it looks like she won't be coming home for the coming semester break.
Team members are bound to undergo centralized training which I'm pretty sure would be somewhere in the peninsular .
She will be the only bowling representative from KML  .

Yeaaaaahhhhh!!!!  Go Yona go....we're proud of you

No comments: