Wednesday 30 May 2012

ARAMAITI TIME AGAIN

It's that time of the year again. It's the state's holidays and because it falls on  wednesday, Andrew had taken the rest of the week's days off.
It's school mid term break but we have no plans to go anywhere with the girls eventhough at the initial beginning the thought of taking a trip to Tawau was on.
Anyhow the weather is so so so draining that it makes one think twice about leaving the comfort  house of the house. Not that in the house it's much cooler.
The girls were complaing about the heat every night and were always sneaking to my room where the airconditioner was on for most of the day.
We eventually install a new airconditioner at Yona's room since the old one was already giving trouble.

Well...harvest festival or not the day seems to go by as with every other day. I guess one need to 'follow' where the 'keramaian' are to feel the 'mood' . All that could be experienced somewhere in the Kampung or for city people like us who doesn't have a kampung to go back to,  it's to be at KDCA  where the main celebration is held yearly.
In this heat....I can imagine the traffic jams not forgetting  the human traffic jams as well...hmmm. maybe next  year or year after that...perhaps
Somehow I don't fancy doing much of that nowadays. Must be my age that's catching up with me or just that there's no good company to go along with.

My only fun out of this festival season is to pick winners for the unduk ngadau. I won't make it a big deal this year as some people might not like it if I use her photographs :)
Thousand thanks to David Aramaitii for his beautiful  professional shots. I minta izin pakai  disini saja ya.


Syakirah.. as in Shakira? how come there's Noor in her name? to me she has this likable face thou not so much of a beauty queen look plus a little on the 'meaty' side but yeah...sweet plus that beautiful complexion.  Will be 'there' but not likely to be in the final seven.


This is one of the ones to beat. She is really a natural beauty...pleasent to the eyes complimented with a beautiful body. Very popular amongs fb users as well.


Nicole Ricci lookalike...she look pettie but a real beauty nontheless. Another  very popular candidate for the top spot.


Her winning points is her flawless complexion and her size I supposed


She has my vote for reason I don't really know. I just have that first impression liking on her facial features. Very classy look. Hopefully she has the personality to match .

Same goes with Beluran, she kind of stand out with my choices. Probably her size makes her ideal.


This is a must too...I feel that she has all the 'requirments', facial plus the body of a beauty queen

I like her because she portrayed this sweet and proper kind of a woman although she doesn't have that lean look for a beauty queen. Any potential mother-in-law would love to have her for her son  :)


A must....Penampang beauties always  comes 'prepared' so don't  wonder why they have captured the title more than any other districts so far. Very beautiful no doubt but her flaw now might just be her personality. She doesn't really stand out amongs the rest.

I picked these ladies based on David's photographs of them in their traditional cosumes....though  looking at other photos, I could be missing out some more contenders.

.
 

...... to name a few.
Apa apa pun, by tomorrow there would be a winner eventhough each one is by right already a winner at their own  respective districts.
Thanks again David Aramaitii...as always your pictures are the best.

1 comment:

It is ME! said...

sorry guys ..seems David wants more than publicity from the use of his pictures.... I'll upload replacing photos in due time