Sunday 1 April 2012

APRIL FOOL DOGS

GUCCI

KAYKAY

Can you just cast these two adorable dogs in two seconds?.

Pervious owners were young girls who'd grown tired of  their 'toys' .Now that they have grown out of their adorable puppy stage, they are branded as task to keep . Cast aside without the slightest thought of their feelings and attachments.

I came across GUCCI and KAYKAY  through AFU group on FB when they were advertised for adoption.
It didn't even cross my mind to want them actually. I have so many dogs of my own that it would be unthinkable to add more. I had said I could still foster cats but dogs are really a no no.

It was when Jo said that she wanted them that I finally open my big mouth of the intention to adopt. I had to ask on her behalf  as she was not in AFU anymore. Sheryl had seen the advertisment and had told her mom about wanting it...... to which she had agreed.

. By the time I made my offer, there were  hundreds of comments on the post and so many people had offered to adopt them . Unfortunately most of them were from KK and it's surrounding area which made it a little difficult to 'seal the deal'.  No local offer were made.
  As it is a self collect deal , transportation was a big problem here. It is afterall a six hours drive from here to KK.

Either it was my reputation as an animal lover and excellent references by AFU group members or the fact that I was the only one staying in Sandakan making the offer, the dogs were given to me.

I went to collect them three days later with a promise of finding them good homes.
So much hair.....

And of course the girls were all smiles....

With Jo Changing her mind on keeping them adds up my list of things to do ...Aarrrrrrr!!!!!

I LOVE DOGS....so I don't really mind. I will keep them provided they can keep their mouth shut

No comments: