Tuesday 21 February 2012

Getting some answers


I don't know why today I felt so 'geram' with the JCI awareness campaign for animal abuse on their fb page.
Most likely (maybe) because for a week now  have been pushing AFU's ( Enforce the Animal Act Law 1953 to end Animal Cruelty in Sabah - The Petition Site www.thepetitionsite.com ) online petition form for the renewal of the state's law against animal crueality and abuse amongs the members on the Sandakan group page ( which is having JCI members as their owner and moderator) without much response.

There I was trying to get as many signatures as possible and they just seem to 'buat tak tau' on the matter.  I don't believe so that they can miss these postings I have made.

And to be informed that they have a big campaign on the same subject this year? . . H E L L O. . .
What better way  to kill two birds with one stone?.
All it takes was to sign and share the petition to their friends. What was so difficult about that?.
click click click..that's all what it takes.

I went on to their campaign page and that really rubbed my 'geramness' (??????) . After going through it, the 'picture' that was planted on my mind was their members shaking hands with YBs and Sandakan's 'top' businessmen . I 'saw' them talk. .talk. . and more talk without doing the 'real' job.
.
Imagine the remarks on picture of abused animals like .. ' what to do.?' . .
H e l l o  again.....my dear you're the project coordinator, those kind of remarks should have never been uttered in the first place. What positive views are you giving here?
You're trying to 'teach' the public and you don't even know what to do with such an obvious case?

I wish Sam Lau was here. ( he's a volunteer and an avid animal lover. he offered his own land to shelter the strays be it imported or local (mostly the abandoned and mistreated animals be it dogs or cats). he's one of the member in SPCA and another animal group but though he's doing all the work.. it seems that he wasn't getting the credit he deserve. He deals with DBKK also.) -Now he's a man I have lots of respect for....in this field of work.

I doubt he would even give it a thought let alone post a question online on what to do next. The dog would have long been given the proper attention he needed. It's now been weeks.  I even wondered if it is still alive now.

I so 'hate' all those protocols that they said they need to go thru before they can act.
 Aaaaaaarrrrrrr. . . I know we can't save all BUT it makes a lot of difference to the one that we can. each one that we can  save. . We save.

I had a lengthy questions and answers with the moderator of the page (who I'm guessing I know who) until I think I 'pissed' her totally off. She removed  a few postings she had made earlier on and I noticed too that it was someon else who made remarks on the later postings.
She/he made apologies for the way the previous moderator was addressing my issues.

No comments: