Tuesday 15 February 2011

Hollywood Cut

Hollywood Week for American Idol. This week ends with 168 contestants left  in the running for  it's 20 tenth-season semifinalist slots. I had to watch the show aired three times before I really got to see everything.
The first and second time it went on air, I was out bowling with the girls.
I wasn't worry because I knew I would end up catching the rerun at midnight .
Yea.. so much for that confidence. I did watched part of it but it was clearly a case of  the show watching me instead..
heeeeeessss........
Thursday night's broadcast spotlighted 11 hopefuls from the Day 1 group advancing to the group round. 
Casey Abrams, a 19-year-old film camp worker from Idyllwild, CA;
Lauren Alaina, a 15-year-old student from Rossville, GA;
Jacee Badeaux, a 15-year-old student from LaFayette, LA;
Hollie Cavanagh, a 17-year-old student from McKinney, TX;
James Durbin, an unemployed 21-year-old from Santa Cruz, CA.
Chris Medina, a 27-year-old barista and caretaker from Oak Forest, IL;
Thia Megia, a 15-year-old student from Mountain House, CA;
Robbie Rosen, a 16-year-old student from Merrick, NY;
Paris Tassin, a 23-year-old medical assistant from New Orleans, LA;
Rachel Zevita, a 23-year-old student and singer from New York, NY;
Brett Loewenstern, a 16-year-old student from Boca Raton, FL;

Seven hopefuls who were featured during the Day 2 performances also advanced to group round.
Jerome Bell, a 27-year-old bar mitzvah singer from New York, NY;
Rob Bolin, a 23-year-old restaurant worker from Nashville, TN;
Jacqueline Dunford, a 22-year-old receptionist from Scottsdale, AZ;
Chelsee Oaks, a 23-year-old waitress from Nashville, TN;
Scotty McCreery, a 17-year-old student from Garner, NC;
Tiffany Rios, a 21-year-old dance instructor from Morris Plains, NJ;
Jackie Wilson, a 28-year-old bar manager and singer from Nashville, TN.





You just couldn't help but love Scotty's voice. You wouldn't believe the rich deep voice comes from this 17year old . So, so very good for country songs...



 15year old Thia Megia will be going to group week thou I don't know if she'll make it from there on. She can sing but I don't find her voice that 'different'
























Now this  15 year old is still my favourite bet....Lauren Alaina...she got the winning 'umph' in her vocal





Rob Bolin.... another one of those unic country tones...He's good but I just don't know if he has the 'pakage' to get him the votes later on.




















James Durbin..he cries a river but has such darn good vocal. Very high range that impressed the judges since day one. He's the next Adam Lambert....yessssssssss!!!!







Paris Tassin...my second favourite in the ladies section






















Chelsee Oaks.... another lady that made it on my list.
She sings with much confidence





















Chris Medina -his vocal is as good as his heart and the  reason to be in the show













Jerome Bell...at 27 yrs is one of the oldest on my list but he can definitely sing














Brett Loewenstern, 16year old outcast that could make it. Being 'different' makes him interesting









My first casuality on my peliminary choice... Travis Olando, the 17yr old  that I had hope to make it, didn't.
I was not really suprise  he didn't make the cut after hearing him sing. It was way better during his first audition. It was clearly a wrong choice of song for him.

These are just the few that I happened to personally see sing ( on air of course). The two hour show did not show the rest that breezed through so they didn't make it to my list.
Group week will be much  tougher. Hopefully my 'pick' stays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiSm6zHBGjk

No comments: