Saturday 10 April 2010

STORY TELLING & JOGGING ON SABBATH

Woke up earlier than the alarm. Jumped out of bed after remembering it's sabbath and assuming the maid won't be in.
I've done most of the 'urgent' task befofe the maid turned up.She was replacing the two days that she did not turned up last week.

Saw a missed call displayed on my hp. Lydia's teacher , Ms Ng's telephone number... I just knew then and there that she had omitted to tell me that there would be school today.
A returned call and true enough I was right.
Lydia had been told but she had responded by saying she would be attending church today.
I did not mind the fact that she would rather be in church than school.After all this was what she was taught at sabbath school... six days for other things and one for the Lord.
But the fact that today is the day for her english story telling competition makes a lot of difference.
She had been practicing her story telling for as long as I can remember and to miss it?.
She had infact missed last year's competition due to the same reason which I unfortunately had no knowledge whatsoever before today.
I had kept on asking her when and she would just kept on saying not yet each time.
She didn't even know she had totally missed it .

Ms Ng had said the competition would only start at 8.30am so I still have ample time to send her to school.
I was back before eight and therefore was in time to attend church service with everyone else in dad's car.
Today there would be some visitors from Kota Belud's church and therefore we would be having pot luck again.
I had opted not to join partly because I did not want to leave Andrew alone fending for lunch on his own and also for the fact that Yona had training at 11.30am.

After lunch at SYN LOK bak kut teh and sending Yona for training , we returned home awaiting Lydia return from school.
Asked how did she do..... she replied she had forgotten her story while on stage and had to repeat the whole story from the beginnig.
errrrr......
I will still have to ask her teacher on the results or how she did for that matter.

The girls had earlier made plans to go jogging at the sport's complex this evening.
We came earlier than the time agreed with Jo and her kids as Andrew had also wanted to jog.
I managed only three rounds to the girls's five.... phew!
The 'shock' of being shooked up took a toil on my body...(excuses...excuses....)
I Felt so drained and tired in the evening.




No comments: