Sunday 27 September 2009

TWO WEDDINGS AND NATIONAL DAY

Two weddings were held days apart of each.
Both brides were nieces of my brother in law Rocky.
Personally, I am not really close to both of them but was around when they were growing up.
It goes to show how time flies seeing those little girls I remembered still in primary school uniforms are now someone's wives.
I had wanted to fly over to Kk but Andrew was around for his medical review (again) so transportation was going over was free.
Renny, the first bride held her wedding at the Stella Maris Tg Aru church.
It was a big turnout as so with the evening reception at a Dewan in Penampang later that night.

The beautiful and much bigger bride..


My sis in law Florence, her daughter Nicole and future son in law Eurice



Amongs the crowd during the night reception


In between the receptions...we went out to have lunch elsewhere. The light refreshments served were not really appealing to my taste.... sorry :)
Now...see how tasty this look



A day apart, it was Sheena's turn. Her wedding reception was held at Kg Limputong, my dad's hometown. I felt more at home here as most of the folks that came were somehow my relative although I don't personally know most of them.
In a village, everyone is related to one another somehow or rather. Anyone and everyone seems to be either my uncle/aunt or cousins... ;)
We had gone the night before for a pre 'look' at the place. The groom had bought a new set of karoake system and Andrew was helping out to put the pieces together.
Including the 'tries out' ( i.e. singing throughout the night) we finally left the place after midnight.


National day was spent at home in KK.
Going home the night before, Andrew's car got into some major problem. We were 'smoking' halfway home. Sensing trouble coming he had asked one of his staff for assistance. We didn't get all the way home when it came to a halt ( luckly not in the middle of the road) somewhere around Bukit Padang.
A six tonne truck had to come for the rescue .
The remaining hours I was in Kk before my flight home the next day was spent either 'farming' or sleeping.

JAPANESE RAMEN?
I was told that it was some sort of that.
We have gone to this eatry a number to times in the past but each time the 'rare'oppurtunity came, it was either almost closing time ( they won't let you in!) or close for the day.
This time around I made a note not to come on a monday ( closed day) and to come in before 10pm.
We managed to beat all that except...... aaaaaaaahhhhhhh...
we came a bit too late for breakfast and a little early for lunch/dinner .
All their breakfast specialities were sold out plus what was for lunch/dinner were not ready.
The sign board


Andrew's order, doesn't look much difference from any other fried mee


If this was it, it's really nothing like the ones I tasted in Hokkaido

Final review... acceptable , nicer if the food was hotter (not chille hot!)

No comments: