Sunday 15 March 2009

WEEKEND AGAIN

SATURDAY
The maid came today so I did not have to rush in finishing the morning chores prior to going to church. Mom called earlier but I told her that I would be driving my car as the girls would have to attend training after service.
We had lunch at our regular saturday's place before heading for the alley.
Lydia got to try her new 'gold' ball today. A little tight according to her but nothing like a little sand papering work won't fix.
Wasn't dressed for bowling but had to give in to Jo's request for three games.
She bowled badly last night ( aha... nothing compared to my highest score of 216 and the average of 180 for six games ).
We were home by 2.30p.m. so there was ample time for a good long afternoon nap.

One snap by Diane while bowling.















SUNDAY
Had to wake up early eventhough it was sunday as my parents were leaving for KK on the 7am bus. I had to fetch Lydia home.
Was up at 6am but only left the house half an hour later. 'Caught' them while they were having breakfast so I ended up joining them with still ten minutes to spare before the bus arrive.
They would be in Kk for the whole week as dad wanted to do some renovation on the Likas's house. They did 'dragged' along the friend cum carpenter with them.

Training for the girls was at 10.30am . They were ready by 9am as we had made plans to have roti canai for breakfast.
We reached the bowling alley right on time. Practice was a two hours drill.
Came home around 2pm. Managed to catch a short nap before getting ready for the wedding's dinner.
I knew finding a parking space would be difficult therefore I ended up car pooling with Bernard and his wife. I wouldn't even be going if they weren't.
I was not really keen on such occassions even when they are held at hotels.
As Andrew wasn't around , It would only mean eating with ten other strangers at the same table.
Just to 'give face'.. I went.
My review:
Food : Normal /'so so' ... in tiny portions
Overall:SLOW!... they started searving only after 9pm.
It seems there were shortage of waiters to serve all the tables at one go.

Posing with Ah Yen during dinner














The dishes served all in one serving. Small portions that only passed your way once.
















They did however had the soup served individually















My share....dinner for my angpow worth... ha ha must be small angpow la















I found the menu very interesting. Each dish was given a name to commemorate the occassion

No comments: