Thursday 30 January 2014

CNY EVE & My First Cupcakes order of the year

All night I kept on waking up . I wondered why I couldn't really sleep. Was is because I worry  I might not finish my task in time the next day or something else.... I'll never know.

Anyhow as morning came I was very fast at my feet with all the chores. As usual when I have 'things' to do , it would most likely be a fast job with the animals.

I had planned to do the batter in half of the 80oz flour that was needed for the 200 hundred cup cakes that was ordered but had to change plan when I realised that the calculation was over estimated.
I only did a quarter on the second time.
Must praised myself that I can work very fast on the mundane stuff prior to the final touches.
I was all done before mid day.
It was Chinese new year's eve and the traffic was at it's worse but I had to get to the wet market to restock my animal's food.
The biscuits was running real low and I had used the last package of chicken for the morning's meal.
Yup....had to otherwish I won't .
Chinese new year here is one of 'the' main celebration that would see the town almost  'dead'.

This year it will fall on the week end plus the last day of January. That would mean it's going to be a long holiday . Three working days and a sunday in all. Having said that...the bank will be one of the busiest place to be.
I needed to bank in some monies to my ASB account too before the new month. Arrrrrrrrrrrr ....totally wrong timing.
Fortunately for me...I was able to do that without having to line up to a long q .

Back on my cupcakes final touches at eight. Wrong timing again I would say because I took more time than I had thought I would. I should have started sooner. - I was watching American idol ok!
Anyhow, underestimating the amount of frosting I needed was another time consuming error.
I had to do the recipe not twice but  trice!  errrrrrrrrr.....

It was already two plus in the morning when I was finally done and satisfied with the end products.
Cleaned up and was in lala land by three...zzzzzzzzzzzzz
- the guys and the girls came home from KK at almost five but I was too tired to get up
.

















https://www.facebook.com/jean.niyo/media_set?set=a.10152180047339293.1073741837.781119292&type=3
****
Jeff had gone to KK with Andrew on Tuesday.
* 30/1/14 -Yona and Atlas arrived in KK from Labuan at around 5pm
                 -Tisha  arrived in KK from Kuching at 10pm

No comments: