Tuesday 21 January 2014

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY


 

 

 

Birthday Prayer
Thank you, God, for giving me another year of life.
Thank you for all the people who remembered me today
by sending cards, and letters, gifts and good wishes.

Thank you for all the experience of this past year;
for times of success which will always be happy memories,
for times of failure which reminded me of my own weakness and of my need for you,
for times of joy when the sun was shining,
for times of sadness which drove me to you.

Forgive me
for the hours I wasted,
for the chances I failed to take,
for the opportunities I missed this past year.
Help me in the days ahead to make this the best year yet,
and through it to bring good credit to myself,
happiness and pride to my loved ones,
and joy to you. Amen.

Thank you Lord ..for without you, I am nothing

Another year passed and it's my birthday again today....I thank God .
With the passing of my mom it seems another birthday gave me  more reason to be thankful for being alive.
I had lived another  year to see another birthday.

As usual it was Tisha who would send me the first wish.  My precious darling's messages have always warmed my heart.  This is one of those moments that you know you have raised them well for them to remember you with nothing but loving thoughts.
Andrew beat Yona this year... not quite a surprise as she has always been the one with the slowest 'server'. I really couldn't blame her  thou as internet accessibility was limited in her dorm as well as her phone was barred  from making any calls due to some technical problems.

It rained the whole day again today. The weather is so wet for the last months that kind of drag your mood for doing anything .
Today being my birthday, I had a good reason to do some baking. Which I did since last night actually. I had always wanted to try baking the rainbow cake but knows the 'fuss' that involves making one. So with a good reason backing me ....I did it....finally.
Basically on this birthday... 'I make my cake'

I baked six 'layers' of different 'strong' colours cakes


stacking them up resulted in me having two sets of cake. I had used too small size tins which if not devided in two would make it impossible to stack without unwanted 'accident'
 I used creamwell to cover the cakes and butter icing to sandwich them together

 
Thank you all so much for taking a moment to wish me well and to evoke our connection, whatever it might be. Happiness never decreases by being shared. 
All the birthday wishes from friends near and far, old and new, is really one of the high points of the year for me in this Facebook world!
Taaada!....it's ready

Dinner of my choice was 'ikan bakar' at IJM . Called dad to join us but as always he was 'lazy' to go out at night and asked us to 'tapau' instead.
 
Purposely switched candles
Blowing the candle with my favourite wish...health, love, fulfilment and satisfaction in life
 

Wonderful raimbow colors.....errr... not so used to eat such colourful cake but this butter cake is nothing but 'heaven'. Soft and moist with that strong buttery smell.
 I love it!!
 
I'm the proudest mom today....and I let the 'world' know about it when I shared this on facebook :)

 


 

 


No comments: