Sunday 17 November 2013

UNWANTED -KITTY REJECT BY MOM



I have been hearing the kitten cries over and over and wondered if I should find out why.
Following on my instinct that there is something I should be worry about , I went out to investigate .
It was already 10.00pm . I found out that only three kittens remaining with their mom although I could hear one crying loudly.

Indeed it was the one with the eye infection that the mom had been rejecting since yesterday. She had fallen out from the holes of the wire mesh. I had only barricaded the side with a piece of wood since the last mother cat used the cage. That stood strong until the time I moved them out.
This little black kitten in particular is very frisky and had landed herself into the pan I laid outside the cage. She hardly could walk yet.
Anyhow , I managed to secure the problem area and placed her back with her mom.
I had mentioned when the kittens were born that this mother is not going to be a good one. I could see that nature's way to eliminate the weak for the strong is practiced here.
I supposed she didn't get to suckled all night as she cried all through the night. stopping only when she's asleep I supposed.
It become obvious that the mother was not interested after I tried to get the baby to suckle. She couldn't . Her flu is severe making it hard for her to breath. She sometimes gasp while breathing through her mouth.
I took her in and gave her over 2ml of milk. She quiet down and fell asleep ....next to the 'mother' fridge.
Normally I would think the chances of her surviving was very low but I really hope the little girl could be a fighter and pull through this.

No comments: