Saturday 21 January 2012

I’m not extinct yet -my birthday before the half century mark

 

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.- Buddha


This was the reason the cake went 'out of shape'

For the years I haved passed, I practically will remember this year's birthday as an emotional day.
What I would normally say '.....just any ordinary day' turned out to be 'different' the moment I woke up.
As usual picking up my tab even before getting out of bed. I saw Tisha's message....awh... how sweet of her. What seem so difficult to do in person  seems so easyly expressed in words she wrote.
I had received my birthday present from her two days prior. I had waited till today to open it.

 My birthday pakage from Tisha sent via postlaju all the way from Kuching


Message from one witty girl that brought tears to her mama's eyes

 The girls enjoying the food . .  missing one sister though :(
Me and Jo ...I wanted to get the name of the restaurant for remembrance. .  regardless


I have found that by being grateful for the things and people I have in my life helps tremendously to ward off most of the negativity that  pervades my life so far.  Everyone live for those they loved and needed . I am no difference.
I am most grateful for everything.  More so for the people who loved me in return.
I do believe I am more blessed in many ways than others . . like I have been told so many times before. I am deeply thankful.

I tried to think why birthdays are treated as special days. Maybe it's because I know life is very short and another birthday would mean that I have lost a year from my life and I don't want to forget that. Sad but something that no one can change nor reverse. 'A year passed is a year gone.'

In the past whole year, I just forget that I have already passed many time in my life but on my birthday, I always remember this part. It's then I started to calculate what I have done so far and what I should do within the remaining time. . . hhmm... there's so much more to do still.

Happy birthday to myself . I still hold the same wish year in year out.
i.e  to have love, health and happiness while living a fulfilling and satisfying life.

This birthday can say "I'm getting old, but I'm not there yet" . . noting both the humor in aging and ability to remain young at heart stays intact...'I am still the old...er me'



No comments: